Creation of weaponry

For the weaponry, I had decided to use a background template not to look dull I took inspiration from my Legend of Zelda research as can be seen there, I spoke about armory. I also decided to use hints of purple and gold throughout the armory as that represents my theme while gold also represents loyalty and luxury which is the aim because these weapons are meant to be ancient and worth a lot. 
I started by experimenting with different backgrounds until I concluded the one below was the most fitting as it was simple, and gave an old ancient effect. I started out by drawing this interesting spear-looking weapon that I had randomly came up with while experimenting. It works well in my opinion as it has a sharp edge that can hurt. 
I then added a bow and arrow and arrow holder. I also added a normal sword as that's very important to the main character as well because he doesn't acquire the amethyst blade until the end of the game. 
I also added this multi-pointed round-ended spear edge and then added a purple shield with a wooden texture. 

Here is the final piece for the weapons:



Reflection: I think this piece was clean and straight to the point. I believe the contrast between the weapons having a gold-purple theme and the light-colored background works really well. Representing concept art for potential weaponry rather well and straightforward. For future improvements, I think working on finer detail more would be useful. 
 

Comments

Popular Posts