Creation of Murasakino Island


 For this piece, I wanted to create an Island that looks mystical while also incorporating the purple haze and the danger that's associated with purple in video games. I am using the software Procreate. 


I started out by drawing a simple horizon and a mountain

Slowly adding detail to the hill. I used a new layer with a clipping mask to add different shades of color to the clouds. I also decided to mirror the reflection of the sky onto a river below. I did this by duplicating the layer and flipping it vertically then adjusting the height. 
I then added purple grass by the mountain to incorporate the purple haze effect. 
I also experimented with a purple sky but wasn't a fan so I stuck to just purple grass.

This was the final piece for the island: 


Reflection: 
I think this piece was successful to some extent as it's clearly looking onto the horizon of an island. I am also happy with the clouds as it looks natural due to the randomness. I also think that picking a hill for the Island was a good idea as mountains are a big staple in Japan. However, I feel maybe it is too distant and far away, slightly blurry as I used the gaussian blur effect on one of the layers. I think it would be useful to work on the overall composition and subject framing of the picture in future artworks. 



Comments

Popular Posts