Plan and Initial research:

Plan and Initial Research:

I will start out by making a full detailed game concept. I will then start put y designing rough ideas for he masks on paper, after which I will draw digitally on Procreate. I will also use Photoshop to further polish the masks. I will do 6 masks in total and I will make a brief explanation about what each ask does in relation to the game. I will display the masks in a gallery style method. 

Hideta Kitazawa:
Hideta has been carving masks for 15 years, carving wood masks since the 1990s. Although different to the type of masks I will be making, it is good to see his thought process and how he started designing these masks so I could get an idea myself. "‘A Treasured Creation - Today’s treasure - noh masks. ‘In the over 600-year old form of classical Japanese theater called Noh, wooden masks are worn by the performers. These masks have been made by wood carvers who lived and worked with the performer to create masks specific to each role. At age 52, Hideta Kitazawa is one of the few remaining artisans carrying on this tradition. While using a multitude of chisels to carve masks from blocks of cypress, he shares his thoughts on how these inanimate materials are brought to life and imbued with various emotions.' It is clear he gives his masks lots of thought and emotion, so I will also make an extensive plan for my masks. 

Comments

  1. This is not a plan or research! There is no references here and the research is minimal and you do need a proper plan with timescale - if you have this already then that is fine but this itself is not a pan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts