Creating the main character


 The Main Character

Here I will blog about all the processes and stages of developing my main character and why I chose these characteristics for him. 

Name: Akio Shina

I chose the name above as Akio means hero and Shina means virtue in Japanese. This adds up to the hero's virtue. It's also fitting as he is the hero of the game and he is just. 

Age:17

I picked the age 17 as it is fitting for a young protagonist in video games, but not only will young gen z boys enjoy playing as a character such as him but so will girls who play the game too as a certain group of girls is attracted to this type of protagonist. 

Eyes: blue

Hair: black, long and wavy

Height: 1.72m 

Build: thin, not muscular, handsome, and attracts all the girls at school in the game. 



This is the first light sketch I made for Akio using procreate, it is rather sketchy and unfinished as I just wanted to get a base foundation for this character as I further develop him visually. I tried a more anime-style approach to him as that is fitting for a Japanese video game which is my game. 

Next, I will color this sketch and then I will start working on his full appearance as well as deciding with how I should dress him. I proceeded to ink him in on procreate using multiple features the app has to offer like clipping masks, bloom, and Gaussian blur to create different effects. I used a clipping mask to stay within a region of a layer. Bloom for subtle highlights and blur for softening areas.


I also used clipping masks to stay within the boundaries of the hair tone while using a lighter shade to add highlights from where the light is hitting. 

Comments

  1. Good that you have posted this but I think you need more process for your project still on your blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts